Monday, August 31, 2009

I Have Returned To Hell

So yes, it's that part of the year again when we all put on the mouldy old uniforms and return to the never ending horror that school brings. It was horrible. I really hate that place.

So there I was, in the car with my dad and brother driving up to the gates when I noticed that there were now two driveways; one to the convent and one to what looks like a carpark sorta thing at the school. It was all covered with mud. Slippery mud. That I found it very difficult to walk on in my ugly new school shoes. (School shoes are always ugly. It's a fact of life.)

So I arrive in at reception and see the notice board that had the 5th year class lists. First good thing to happen-I'm with people I get along with. Bad thing, it's in the home ec room that's always locked and has no lockers in it. When we arrive in the classroom after what seems like an age we wonder where the hell are we supposed to put our books? Then we see what's on the desks. New journals.

Okay, so many of you might not be farmiliar with the 'journal situation' in my school I take this as my oppertunity to enlighten you. We normally have A4 blue journals. They are ugly and fall apart and are very obviously cheap, but we love them. They are very straightforward to use, they're not very heavy and, the best part, we get covers to go over them. Now, these covers are the key to the journal problem. they are loose fitting over the journal (man, it sounds like I'm describing some clothes or something) and you can fit notes and stuff into its sides. But you can also put pictures and drawings into the front of the journals to add your own personality to what is a very boring book. This is the problem. The teachers see this as grafitti (sp?). So now we have these tiny A5 notebooks that are hardback, even uglier than the old ones because they're covered with pictures of the school and they weigh a tonne. It's just so annoying. We've so many books this year, now they've added another brick.

That was one disappointment, but there are more to come my dear friends.

In walks my home ec teacher from last year. Everyone groans. This cannot be our form teacher. She is annoying, doesn't let us talk in form class and wears the most disgusting clothes. It's horrible. She gets us to move into alphabetical order so I'm basically under her nose and taken away from the one spot with a signal in the entire room! I almost died.

We then get our locker keys and are told that our lockers are in the first year corridor on the other side of the school. Why, we don't know-most lockers are in the assigned form classes-but ths year just had to be weird.

Then it's time for timetables. We are told to sit and sort it out in silence. A room filled with girls. As if. But we all got shot a look and she stops talking everytime we start so we soon shut up.
Tomorrow and Thursday look horrible. I've double Irish tomorrow. I like Irish, as a language, but as a subject it's just disgusting. And a double? Even worse.

We're then told to go to class. Without any books. This is the first year we have ever had to go to classes on the first day. Luckily it was a half day so only French, PE, Music and double Art. But still.

Rang Sile, you're not looking promising. Please improve. Please.

I can't wait for the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment